417 and 421 Paseo De La Playa, Redondo Beach
2 oceanfront homes offer unique oceanfront legacy estate
We’ve talked a lot about this property in the past as it was actually the all time sales record when it sold a few years back at $22,650,000 in early 2018.
This is an impossible to duplicate property on the beachfront/oceanfront street of Paseo Del La Playa in the Hollywood Riviera. The impossible to duplicate combination of oceanfront location, huge 1.4 acre (we don’t generally talk in acres in the South Bay) lot that extends to the sand below and two homes making it a true showcase estate. There’s nothing else like it on the South Bay.
The property actually consists of 2 distinct homes….the main home with 5
bedrooms and 8 total baths, and the “guest” home with 5 bedrooms and 7 total baths. Both homes are high on the bluff with unbeatable and unblockable ocean, PV and coastline views. The properties have stairs down to the beach below which is also a challenge to duplicate due to very restrictive California Coastal Commision restrictions.
Listed at $24,995,000
The property was actually on the market back in 2020 and 2021 first at $27.0M and then at $23M but never sold. They also tried to sell the properties separately.
417 & 421 Paseo De La Play details
- 10 total bedrooms – 15 total bathrooms
- Main home 5 bed/8 bath
- “Guest” home has 5 bedrooms/7 baths
- 15,728 total square feet (BTV)
- 417 Paseo De La Playa 10,200 sq feet (buyer to verify)
- 421 Paso De La Playa 5,528 sq feet (buyer to verify)
- 7 car total garage parking
- 62,757 foot lot extending to the beach below
- Listed by Joshua Altman & Matthew J. Altman – Douglas Elliman of California, Inc. – 310-819-3250
Contact Redondo Beach and Hollywood Riviera real estate specialist Keith Kyle with Vista Sotheby’s International for more information.